My son requested and received the Atari Flashback 3 for Christmas after listening to the many gaming stories I had as a child of the 80s. After ripping open the box and setting up the system, he paused and looked very confused. “What’s the matter?” I asked. “Umm, I don’t get it.” he responded. My son was confused by the lack of detailed graphics and sounds the games produced. They did not look anything […]
I love my Sony products. I love the fact that my Sony Reader PRS-500 is still going strong. I love streaming Netflix on my PS3. I love watching my Blu-ray movies on my XBR-52. I love messing around with my PSP when I am bored (yeah, the PSP does not see much action these days). I love how Sony use to take care of me. But now… With firmware 3.21 on the PS3 coming out […]
Techcrunch has been following a server-side streaming company OTOY for the last week. What makes this exciting is the potential console-like gaming experience that can be had on hardware that is far from capable. It seems all you will need is a phone with a webkit browser and a strong 3G connection. This tech will make my dream come true! I will Quake on my phone! Pricing has not been released but based on the […]
Wow, there was a lot of speculation that Sony was going to revamp the PSP and make it smaller. High expectation was set when creative artists created their versions of the next PSP. The fantasy render stayed in step with the usual sexiness Sony is known for. If the image to the left is what Sony is going to push for the next PSP, I may for the first time have to forgo a Sony […]
At this year’s GDC, Tero Ojanpera of Nokia talked about the importance of social networking and distribution of gaming through mobile phones. Ojanpera estimated by 2012, 40% of game revenues will be coming from players of emerging markets that do not have access to high end computer gear or broadband connectivity but will carry a mobile device. These users’ online experience will be shaped by what can be delivered through their cell phones. The expectation […]
- Astronomy on TapMonthly Astronomy talks in the pub in Austin, TX! Each FREE event features accessible, engaging science presentations on topics ranging from planets to black holes to the beginning of the Universe. We have games and prizes to test your new-found knowledge and there is always lots of time to ask questions and interact with the […]
- C3 Connected Car PavilionJoin us at the C3 Group’s second-annual Connected Car Pavilion in Austin, Texas, on Saturday, March 14, where we are once again bringing together top thought leaders from automotive, technology, policy, research and media to drive the conversation on the rapidly evolving connected car and mobility space. Topics to be covered include: How Connected Transportation Will Transform […]
- SXSW Interactive, 2015The post SXSW Interactive, 2015 appeared first on door64.
- Causathon AustinCausathon brings together developers, designers and other creatives for an impactful 24 hour collaboration at LIVESTRONG’s headquarters to produce meaningful, tangible technology solutions to challenges presented by participating non-profit organizations. In other words, we Hack for a Cause. Our March event serves as a lead-in to SXSW Social Good festivities by providing the strategic tech […]
- Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming ProductsProduct Austin is excited to bring you Nir Eyal, author of Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products to our March 2015 Meetup. Come to this meeting to learn about building habit forming products from Nir. About the Speaker: Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. Nir founded and sold two companies since […]
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.